Enhancement Ministries, Inc.
Trauma Relief Support for K-8 Grade Students
EMI mentor students struggling with the residual impact of trauma ...
2RN support for students is triggered by an invitation from the principal of K-8 schools. 2RN volunteers are trained to support students trying to cope with incidents related to trauma. In a handful of communities in the United States, violence is a traumatizing part of everyday life. And one underappreciated aspect of living in these neighborhoods, writes ABC News’s Avianne Tan, is the long-term psychological effects this sort of exposure to trauma can have on children.
2nd Responders’ Network (2RN) Core Service
"Called to action in alignment with our social commitment to families."
- The Second Responders’ Network (2RN) community leaders commit to:
- Participate in all required trauma support training and background checks necessary for volunteers supporting children.
- Offer their support to students for the short term. The volunteer and the assigned school principal or the principal’s designated team of leaders will define an appropriate exit plan based on circumstances associated with each assigned student the 2RN volunteer is invited to support. The goal of a 2RN leader is to first, understand the mentoring needs as shared by the school principal; second, mentor students as agreed on with school and reach out to their family as appropriate with approval by the school. 2RN is a short-term resource to help extend the capacity of a neighborhood school to offer support for a student’s ability to process traumatic struggles impacting classroom expectations and third, make a proper “no harm” exit from an assigned invitation to support a student.
- Be contacted by a 2RN team leader after a principal extends an invitation to serve a student or small group of students struggling because of trauma. 2RN volunteers will provide a “best number to contact” that will become part of the 2RN Trauma Team database.
- Pending timeframe of training and clearance by background checks, 2RN leaders commit to participate in piloting this project for the 2017-18 school year, and
- EIM/EMI commits to provide quarterly feedback sessions for all trained and registered 2RN leaders.
- EIM/EMI commits to provide quarterly 2-hour training sessions for all trained, registered and active 2RN leaders.
- A commitment by 2RN leaders to a second year of service will be discussed after an evaluation of year one and any identified adjustments are made for quality improvements.
Enhancement Ministries, Inc. (EMI) a 501 c3 nonprofit organization, is doing business as Education in Motion (EIM). Since 2007, Enhancement Ministries, Inc (EMI) has supported the well-being of students attending neighborhood schools and those enrolled in surrounding Cuyahoga County school districts through its community-based academic support for Juvenile Offenders, Suspended Student Support, and other alternative learning supports. This work proved to encourage students academically and provide needed resources for their families. Education In Motion (EIM) continued onsite classroom reading support exclusively at Willson K-8 School during the 2016-2017 school year.
EMI helps all students learn, succeed and feel safe.
Doing business as ... Education in Motion!
Building legacies through education and supports that help families feel safe, grow, learn, and earn!
Tutoring for struggling readers!
By appointment only!
Enhancement Ministries, Inc.